Values and Mission Statement
All decisions made by those engaged with the learning of the pupils at Vigo Village School are guided by two core principles:
- To promote the highest level of academic attainment for each pupil
- To prepare them for the challenges they will face in their future lives.
An environment which promotes the highest level of academic attainment for each pupil is one which is:
- Safe: where pupils feel protected from outside intervention and within the school grounds.
- Relevant: where the curriculum makes practical links with itself and the experiences of children’s lives and surroundings, and learning is aligned to each child’s specific needs.
- Enjoyable: where pupils can flourish in a happy, respectful environment.
- Challenging: where progress is both celebrated and expected, where regression is addressed.
An environment which prepares children for the challenges they will face in their future lives is one which is:
- Realistic: where tasks and activities will teach the skills that will be required in later years.
- Respectful: where people treat each other in an appropriate manner.
- Appropriate: where children are exposed to the skills that will enable them to make choices with regard to health and well-being.
At Vigo Village School, every child matters; progress is our pupils’ prerogative.
As a school we actively promote the following values:
Our values underpin our approach to learning and development and are embedded in the school’s curriculum as well as our assemblies and acts of collective worship.